Environmental Sustainability Reporting
Environmental and sustainability reporting, taking account of an organisation's impact on the planet, have become a high priority for shareholders and regulators alike. The International Integrated Reporting Council (IIRC) announced the launch of its new Integrated Reporting Framework.This is a potentially game-changing milestone in the evolution of corporate reporting globally, t will give a level of prominence to environmental costs, benefits, and sustainability within financial statements.
HOW BDO CAN ASSIST YOU
We provide the following services:
- Development of:
- environmental and sustainability reporting policies
- supply chain monitoring and purchasing policies
- financial reporting structures to provide timely, readily accessible and reliable environmental information to satisfy the interests of stakeholders
- Corporate governance improvement advice
- Understanding and interpreting new regulatory requirements and prohibitions (including related taxes and subsidies)
- Understanding and interpreting tradable permits and certificates used by governments to achieve a variety of sustainability enhancing objectives
- Environmental and sustainability risk assessment
- Reporting on:
- internal compliance with voluntary codes on environmental performance
- the application of environmental and sustainability corporate governance policies
- the application for tradable permits and certificates used by governments to achieve a variety of sustainability enhancing objectives
- Adding credibility to the reporting of information about environmental performance and sustainability.
You could benefit from our understanding of the regulatory and reporting requirements and our knowledge of:
- How to report to stakeholders
- The financial incentives on offer
- The penalties in place.