Rules for air transportation during pandemic have been established
15 June 2020
In order to prevent the spread of coronavirus infection (COVID-19), the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan established temporary Rules for air transportation. The most significant among these are the following:
1) when making international flights for a maximum of 48 hours, passengers will need to pass a coronavirus test at their own cost. Only passengers who provide a certificate confirming a negative result will be allowed to fly.
2) upon arrival by air transport in the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan, Azerbaijani citizens and foreigners are obliged to provide a certificate confirming the negative result of the coronavirus test made at not more than 48 hours before arrival in the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
Azerbaijani citizens who failed to provide the above certificate will be placed in a two-week quarantine, and foreign citizens will be sent back by a return flight.
3) Wearing medical masks at the airport and during the flight will be mandatory;
4) Passengers will have to arrive at the airport at least 4 hours before the departure;
5) Hand luggage is prohibited. It will be possible to take on board of an aircraft only personal items (laptop, women's bag, briefcase, etc.);
6) Passengers whose body temperature when measured will be above 37.5°C will not be allowed into the airport. If during an examination at the airport medical center a passenger demonstrates symptoms of COVID-19, he or she will be taken to an appropriate medical institution.