Accounting Senior Consultant
08 May 2021
Job Title *:: Senior Accountant
Contact: - -
Employment type: Full Time
BDO, one of the world’s 5 largest public accounting firms, is looking for Accounting Senior Consultant here for its office in Azerbaijan.
Accounting Senior Consultant should have Bachelor’s degree in finance or math and have at least three years proven experience as a financial controller, accounting supervisor, chief or senior accountant. Current position involves supervision of accounting consultants and requires the candidate to have a proven knowledge of accounting principles and approaches such as successful completion of exams within professional body such as ACCA, CIMA, etc.
- Verification and reconciliation of general ledger balances, including debtors and creditors ledgers;
- Verification and reconciliation of general ledger’s tax balances such as sales/purchase tax account, VAT account, corporate income tax, withholding tax, etc.;
- Posting of period-end journal entries;
- Undertaking month-end/year-end close process;
- Preparation and submission of management accounting reports, as may be required by client;
- Use of 1C, Sage, SAP;
- Control of cash flow and bank balances;
- Maintenance of fixed asset register, including depreciation calculation;
- Maintenance of inventory records;
- Maintenance of error-free trial balance and reconciliation of entries made during a period;
- Assistance with reconciliation of tax and GAAP GL balances;
- Assistance with the preparation of financial statements;
- Review and approval of submitted error logs;
- Plan, direct and coordinate work activities of subordinates;
- Plan, assign and oversee tasks carried out by accounting assistants and bookkeepers as per established standards, internal procedures and applicable laws;
- Performance of a regular check of posting made into accounting system by subordinates;
- Carry out a regular progress meetings with project team members as may be required;
- Evaluation of subordinates staff’s performance as per set procedures and as may be required;
- Liaising with clients with regard to day-to-day routine matters;
- Participation in conference calls and meetings with clients;
- Assistance with development of accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal control of deliverables;
- Assistance with development and documenting of business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Represent BDO in a professional manner at all times through punctuality & appearance;
- Ability to meet project deadlines;
- Keep management aware of any risks arising from mistake and error made;
- Maintenance of accurate records of time spent for project;
- Stay align with BDO corporate policies and procedures;
- Stay align with Service Delivery Procedures.
- Bachelor degree in finance or math;
- 3 + years of proven experience as a financial controller, accounting supervisor, chief or senior accountant;
- Proven knowledge of accounting principles and approaches such as successful completion of exams within professional body such as ACCA, CIMA, etc.
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements;
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end closing process;
- Experience with accounting software packages, like QuickBooks, 1C: Accounting, Sage 50 Accounts, etc.
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) at the level required to fulfil job responsibilities;
- Good communication, writing and time management skills;
- Ability to work on various stages of the project;
- Intermediate level of English to be able to communicate with clients via emails, on the phone and during meetings;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Attention to detail;
- Personal ethics and integrity.
Interested candidates are requested to apply through talentmarket.az